Dr. Alan Goldberg con Using Your Head for Championship Performance in Track and Field (English Edition)
Using Your Head for Championship Performance in Track and Field is an important workbook for any level athlete who is serious about developing mental toughness and improving his/her meet performance.
Do you perform better in practice than you do in meets?
Do you get easily intimidated or psyched out by other athletes?
Is choking a problem for you?
Do you have trouble focusing on what's important under pressure?
Are you stuck on a certain time, distance, or height and just can't seem to breakthrough?
Do you get flooded with last minute negative thoughts?
This workbook will first help you test your current level of mental toughness so that you understand the mental differences between your best and worst performances. Then you will move on to using mental training exercises that help athletes reach peak performance and success in training:
- Master last minute pre-performance doubts and negativity
- Concentrate like a champion and stay calm under pressure
- Quickly rebound from disappointing races, throws, or jumps
- Mentally prepare for that REALLY BIG meet
- Develop WINNING motivation