Brian Noyes con Data Binding with Windows Forms 2.0: Programming Smart Client Data Applications with .NET (Microsoft Windows Development Series) (English Edition)
Data binding is the most important part of many business applications–and one of the most difficult things to understand. Data Binding with Windows Forms 2.0 is the first book to focus on this crucial area of development. It will quickly get you up to speed on binding data sources to Windows Forms components. The book contains clear examples in C# that work with SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. Visual Basic .NET examples are available on the book’s Web site.
Brian Noyes, leading consultant and speaker on .NET programming, teaches you both the theory and practice of data binding and provides numerous samples ready to run in Visual Studio 2005.
From his in-depth coverage, you’ll learn how to
- Use Visual Studio 2005 to generate a data-bound application from a database
- Use the new Visual Studio 2005 typed data set designer, and how and why to use typed data sets and typed data adapters
- Perform simple and complex binding of data to controls, and how to use the .NET 2.0 BindingSource
- Use the Binding object for simple binding with automatic formatting, and how to handle binding events
- Generate bound controls with the Visual Studio Designer, and how to use Data Sources
- Present data with the new DataGridView control, and how to implement advanced features of the DataGridView
- Implement custom data-bound controls in Windows Forms
- Create custom business objects and collections that are suitable for use in data binding
- Implement validation and error handling at the Windows Forms and data-binding levels
- Implement data binding with ASP.NET 2.0 and the upcoming Windows Presentation Foundation (Avalon) technologies